Welcome to Plugon ("Plugon," "we," "us" or "our"). Plugon provides a fun platform for you to share visual media through our content-sharing platform. Just upload a picture, add tags, and share!
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
Information we collect:
1. Information you provide us directly:
When you sign up for or use our products, you voluntarily give us certain information. This can include your name, profile photo, tags, comments, likes, email address you used to sign up, and any other information you provide us. If you're using Plugon on your mobile device, you can also choose to provide us with location data. And if you choose to buy something on Plugon, you provide us with payment information, contact information (ex., address and phone number), and what you purchased. If you buy something for someone else on Plugon, you'd also provide us with their shipping details and contact information.
You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your Facebook or Twitter account to Plugon, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
2. Technical information when you use our products
These days, whenever you use a website, mobile application, or other internet service, there's certain information that almost always gets created and recorded automatically. The same is true when you use our products. Here are some of the types of information we collect:
- Log data. When you use Plugon, our servers automatically record information ("log data"), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when you're using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had Plugon features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used Plugon, and cookie data.
- Device information. In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you're using Plugon on, including what type of device it is, what operating system you're using, device settings, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you're using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you're using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device makes available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
- Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their User Content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your User Content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other's APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
How do we use the information we collect?
We use the information we collect to provide our products to you and make them better, develop new products, and protect Plugon and our users. For example, we may log how often people use two different versions of a product, which can help us understand which version is better.
If you make a purchase on Plugon, we'll save your payment information and contact information so that you can use them the next time you want to buy something on Plugon.
We also use the information we collect to offer you customized content, including:
- Suggesting Plugs or topics you might like. For example, if you've indicated that you're interested in cooking, we may suggest food-related Plugs, or users that we think you might like.
- Showing you ads you might be interested in. For example, if you purchased a camping tent on Plugon, we may show you ads for other outdoorsy products.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Send you updates (such as when certain activity, like comments and likes, happens on Plugon), newsletters, marketing materials and other information that may be of interest to you. For example, depending on your email notification settings, we may send you weekly updates that include Plugs you may like. You can decide to stop getting these updates by updating your account settings (or through other settings we may provide).
- Help your friends and contacts find you on Plugon. For example, if you sign up using a Facebook account, we may help your Facebook friends find your account on Plugon when they first sign up for Plugon. Or, we may allow people to search for your account on Plugon using your email address.
- Respond to your questions or comments.
The information we collect may be "personally identifiable" (meaning it can be used to specifically identify you as a unique person) or "non-personally identifiable" (meaning it can't be used to specifically identify you). We use both types of information, and combinations of both types, as described above. We may use or store information wherever Plugon does business, including countries outside your own.
What choices do you have about your information?
Our goal is to give you simple and meaningful choices over your information. If you have a Plugon account, many of the choices you have on Plugon are built directly into the product or your account settings. For example, you can:
- Access and change information in your profile page at any time, choose whether your profile page is available to search engines, or choose whether others can find your Plugon account using your email address.
- Link or unlink your Plugon account from an account on another service (e.g., Facebook or Twitter). For some services (like Facebook), you can also choose whether or not to publish your activity on Plugon to that service.
- Create or share a secret plug. Secret plugs are visible to you and other participants who have the specific url to the plug, and any participant may choose to make the contents of the plug available to anyone else. For example, another participant may make the plug available to an app they use to view Plugon, or even just take the plug url and email it to their friends.
- Close your account at any time. When you close your account, we'll deactivate it and remove your Plugs from Plugon. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may have choices available to you through the device or software you use to access Plugon. For example:
- The browser you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies or other types of local data storage.
- Your mobile device may provide you with choices around how and whether location or other data is shared with us.
To learn more about these choices, please see the information provided by the device or software provider.
How and when do we share information?
Plugon is a tool people use to find their inspirations, make them a reality, and inspire others in the process. When you create public Plugs, anyone can view them. You may also provide us with profile page information that anyone can view. The other limited instances where we may share your personal information include:
- When we have your consent. This includes sharing information with other services (like Facebook or Twitter) when you've chosen to link to your Plugon account to those services or publish your activity on Plugon to them. For example, you can choose to publish your Plugs to Facebook or Twitter.
- Online advertisers typically use third party companies to audit the delivery and performance of their ads on websites and apps. We also allow these companies to collect this information on Plugon.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Plugon; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others. For example, we may tell an advertiser on Plugon how many people repinned something they shared, or the percentage of people who click on a Plug after viewing it.
Our policy on children's information
Plugon is not directed to children under 13. If you learn that your minor child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please Contact Us
How do we make changes to this policy?
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we'll post any changes on this page. If you continue to use Plugon after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent as required by law.
How to contact us